Saturday, April 21, 2012

Movie Review: Hello Stranger


Last year, I was so overwhelmed by the Thai movie, Crazy Little Thing Called Love. I fell in love with the movie very much that I wanted a follow up. I tried browsing the site http://www.enjoythaimovies.com/ and I found this rom-com flick called, Hello Stranger. I did some research, and I learned that it's a box office hit and the highest grossing film of 2010 in Thailand. I tried to watch it, and I'm happy to report that this is a fun wacky movie.

It is a story of two strangers who meet and fall in love while vacationing in South Korea. She is an  obsessed Korean TV drama fanatic, a religious radio listener while he is a dorky, happy-go-lucky guy. Through the writer's machinations, the two end up travelling together without exchanging names. They agreed to call each other Dang (puppy) and May.

In the movie, we notice some scenes that we usually see in Korean movies/dramas—sleeping in one room, the awkward sexual tension, wearing couple shirts. And just like other rom-coms, don't expect much depth and development in the plot, but surely it is 100% enjoyable.

ABS-CBN will be airing this movie today, April 21, 2012. But since dubbed versions usually sound awful, you might want to watch it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVxqi4dtGdY

Rating: 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment