Friday, April 27, 2012

John Lloyd and Bea reunite in The Mistress


John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo are set to do new film this year entitled The Mistress. Are we expecting another No Other Woman here? 

Last year, Star Cinema's No Other Woman was a surprise box office hit and became the 2nd highest grossing film of all time. The same year, Regal Entertainment produced the film My Neighbor's Wife, and now we have John Lloyd-Bea (One More Chance) jumping on the bandwagon. 


It seems that infidelity has been becoming a common theme for TV dramas and movies. Which is a good thing or bad? I've seen the highly watched Asian dramas Temptation of a Wife and The Fierce Wife, and I gave all my sympathy to Angeline/ Eun Jae and Cristine/An Zhen. In No Other Woman, it was a different thing. I was torn between the heroine and the villain. I felt sorry for Charmaine but I was also sympathizing with Kara. 

These infidelity themed dramas/movies are in some way good because they depict reality, they show how having an affair destroys family and relationships. But I'm afraid people interpret common as norm. Since they usually see it on TV, they might think—everybody does it, so what's wrong with it? (So much for that)

Okay, back to The Mistress. This film will be directed by Olivia Lamasan (In My Life, Milan) and for sure, she'll be writing the screenplay, too. I've seen some of her films and I appreciate the quality of her works. I think she's the Kwak Jae-yong of the Philippines. And now that she's teaming up with John Lloyd and Bea, let's expect a good film this year!      

Source: push.com.ph   

No comments:

Post a Comment