Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thoughts about 'The King 2 Hearts' finale


It's been 2 days since TK2H has ended and I can't still believe I won't be seeing this drama anymore, not unless I'll be replaying all 20 episodes. But I think even if I do that, I will still miss this drama. Yeah, I'm a drama queen like that. The question now is—did I like the ending? Hmm..Yes, I did but there was a very bit of disappointment. This drama never failed to surprise us and give excitement in every episode, that's why I expected so much from the finale. Though there were things I had hoped to happen but were never realized, I still loved how they ended it. They ended it well.

I don't know if you also noticed, but I think there was a slight change in the story. I remember on the episode 16 preview, Bong-gu was telling his minion about something (a secret) that Jae-ha shouldn't know. I thought that secret was the reason why he hates the royal family that much. So I was expecting for this revelation from episode 17 to 20 but it turned out that there's no such thing. Was it only my imagination? I don't think so.

Anyway, like I said earlier, they managed to end it well so I still love this drama as much. Maybe they just didn't know how the flow of the story will be with that 'secret' thing,  so they chose to add the war threats instead as a conflict, which is a very good climax. But it should have been better if they spread the events over more episodes. Maybe it's better if they inserted the 'almost war' conflict earlier. They put so many things in two episodes that some things left unexplained.

Notable scenes for me:


Shi Kyung's death—the most heartbreaking moment. We've been hearing rumors that Shi Kyung will die but I still hoped he wouldn't because I was concern about the princess. He's the only reason why Jae Shin continues to fight and live on. He's her strength and courage, taking him away is just so cruel. But I'm happy to see how Jae-shin has moved on in the ending. She's back to her old self like her promise to Shi Kyung.


She imagines Shi Kyung is beside her. She asks him if she'll go and meet her blind date. He tells her to go. She asks if he's not angry and he says no.
"I can't say that for the rest of my life, I would grow old and die just thinking of you. But you'll always be a part of my heart. Just like a shadow"
Aww, this scene is sweet and heartbreaking. 


Jae Ha says sorry for everything.
"I'm sorry. Unlike normal persons we can't hold hands. I can't treat you to delicious cups of tea. We can't even go out for a walk together. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for always yelling. I'm sorry for making you mad. I said I would make you happy. But I've only made you suffer hardships. I'm really sorry. That's why I can't let you go. Now, without you..I wont be able to do anything".
Hang Ah smiles and grabs him in a hug. Then the theme song plays. Sweeet! One of my favorite scenes.


The bottom line is we have a happily ever after for our AhHa couple and and we have a super cute and adorable crown prince. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm sad that TK2H has ended so soon, I havent got enough of this Royal honey bees couple....TK2H sequel, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i wished the most was just a lil flasback to the night they... You know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha! Let your imagination fill in for that :)

      Delete